Geographers and Sustainers – Our friends in Landscape Architecture are offering their Visual Communications for Non-Designers course again this fall. We had two students take this course last year and both had positive things to say about the experience. Below is a quote from one of our students about the class.

My experience was really positive in the class, especially with this being the first time (or one of the first times?) it’s been offered. I learned a lot that I’ve already begun applying to research I’ve been doing. Caley Shoemaker was the GTA for our class but ended up taking it over by mid-semester, and she was fantastic. Caley and Gale made it a point to focus on aspects of design that the students felt we could apply to our own field/research. They also incorporated GIS, which they both felt was an extremely valuable skill to have. They would have focused on it more but a lot of the class already had GIS experience, and we told them we didn’t really need to.

It did require a lot of work, but I’m really glad I took the class. And I noticed the image they used on the first one is one of my assignments! (that only influenced my opinion a tiny bit, but I am excited they did that).

MC

From: "Fulton, Gale" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tuesday, May 14, 2019 at 1:52 PM
To: "McKinney, Michael L" <[log in to unmask]>, "Camponovo, Michael" <[log in to unmask]>, "Hinten, Melissa Talley" <[log in to unmask]>, "Ludwig, Andrea Lorene" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Fall 2019 Landscape Architecture Electives

Hello all,

We’re still trying to get more students to enroll in the attached classes. We feel that in particular the Visual Communication for Non-Designers and the Plants in the Landscape courses would be of interest to your students.

Could you please circulate this to any students or faculty networks that you feel would be appropriate?

Thanks,

Gale Fulton, Director

School of Landscape Architecture

College of Architecture + Design