Dear Colleagues and Students — Please see the opportunity below and join us if you’re able.  It’ll be a fantastic meeting in a great location of the world!!

From: PARC Disease Task Team <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>> on behalf of "Olson, Deanna H" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: Tuesday, April 30, 2019 at 3:24 PM
To: "[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: May 17th deadline for abstracts for World Congress of Herpetology, New Zealand, January 5-10, 2020: Disease Symposium is open for contributed papers

Dear Colleagues:

Matt Gray and I in collaboration with Phil Bishop, Michel Ohmer and Niky Wu are organizing an amphibian disease symposium at the 9th World Congress of Herpetology in New Zealand (http://www.wchnz.com).  WCH9 will be 5-10 January 2020, and the deadline for abstract submission is Friday, 17 May.  Matt and I invite students and scientists conducting research on amphibian diseases to submit an abstract to WCH9.  During submission, select “Amphibian Disease Susceptibility in a Changing World” as the symposium.  You can submit abstracts here:

http://www.wchnz.com/wch2020/call_for_abstracts<http://www.wchnz@com>

In addition, we welcome / encourage submission of abstracts on reptile diseases.  Phil is one of the lead organizers, and will attempt to schedule all disease sessions near each other. For Reptile submissions, select “Disease Ecology” as the topic.

Matt and I will be approaching organizations to provide funds for travel support to New Zealand, especially students, research associates, post-docs and junior faculty/research scientists. If we’re successful, details will follow (likely Aug-Sept 2019) to apply for travel funds.

Thank you in advance for considering participation in WCH9!  Please forward this announcement to others that might be interested.

All the Best, Dede and Matt

[Forest Service Shield]

Deanna H. (Dede) Olson, Ph.D.
Research Ecologist and Team Leader