My friend and colleague Daniel is holding a fun what-the-heck cartography competition; see below, and send him your single-color masterpieces :)

<https://www.maproomblog.com>   The Map Room

<https://www.maproomblog.com/2019/05/monochrome-mapping-competition-announced/>
Monochrome Mapping Competition Announced

Daniel Huffman has announced a
Monochrome Mapping Competition<https://somethingaboutmaps.wordpress.com/2019/05/06/monochrome-mapping-competition/>
.

love
working in monochrome (and gave
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptKDS1Z8Oro>
a talk about it
at NACIS 2018). I think color is overused, and the challenges of a limited palette can be liberating. I want to draw more attention to the great work that mapmakers are doing in this medium, and encourage more people to experience the joy of composing with only one ink.

Daniel emphasizes that “monochrome” doesn’t mean black and white: “They can be made from tints of any ‘ink.’ So if you’ve got a green & white map, it’s welcome here.” Submission details at the link. Deadline 25 June 2019. Submissions to be reviewed by
a surprisingly high-powered panel of judges<https://somethingaboutmaps.wordpress.com/thoughts-on-judges/>
. No prize; it’s for the honour and glory, says Daniel.