Register Now for the 2019 YA Services Symposium!
Registration for YALSA's 2019 symposium, which will take place Nov. 1-3 in Memphis, TN is now open. Early bird registration is open now through Sept. 15. Additional events such as pre-conferences, a Graceland tour, and author luncheon can be added for an extra fee. View the preliminary schedule. Don't forget to also apply for the $1,000 travel stipend (one for library staff and one for students) by June 1.

Win Free Registration to YALSA’s 2020 Symposium!

Now through early bird registration (September 15), those who join YALSA and register for the 2019 YALSA symposium will be automatically entered for a chance to win free registration for the 2020 YALSA symposium. YALSA members already registered for the symposium will be entered into the drawing automatically. Why join YALSA? Non-members who join YALSA/ALA before registering save and become eligible to register with the YALSA member rate, apply for a $1,000 symposium travel stipend, gain access to a quarterly journal, weekly newsletter, additional grants, and more. Joining and then registering often costs less than the non-member rate. Learn more.

2019 Teens' Top Ten Nominees
In case you missed it, we announced our 2019 Teens’ Top Ten nominations last week! If you haven’t already, check out the list of nominees and share the video announcement with your teen patrons! Encourage them to read the titles all throughout the summer so they can vote for their favorites in August!

Apply for Cohort 4 of the Future Ready Project
Through funding from the Institute of Museum and Library Services and in partnership with the Association of Rural and Small Libraries, YALSA is soliciting applicants for the fourth cohort of the Future Ready with the Library project. This project provides small, rural, and tribal library staff the opportunity to work with a community partner in order to build services that support middle school college readiness and career awareness. Learn more about the project, sign-up for an information session, and apply via the online form by May 19. For review purposes only, view a PDF of the application.

Apply for the Digital Equipment Grant
Did you hear? We announced our digital equipment grant this past week! Funded by the Dollar General Literacy Foundation, we’re offering $1,000 to ten libraries in need to purchase digital equipment to help engage and attract teen patrons! Applications are open now through May 15. Applicants must be YALSA members and live within 20 miles of a Dollar General store. Find more information and apply here.

Thank you.

Anna Lam

Young Adult Library Services Association (YALSA)

50 E. Huron St. Chicago, IL 60611

Check out our new Teen Summer Learning Programs publication!