May Classes Spotlight: Cultural Intelligence Series

 Bias and Culture Matters: Part 1 of the Cultural Intelligence Series

https://files.constantcontact.com/df76fc97001/98515339-ea8f-4611-aec4-d57f34b4051a.png

Thursday, May 16,  2019 (1 of 3 in a series)

1:00 PM - 3:00 PM ET

Those of us who work in libraries encounter differing cultures regularly, as our world is very diverse. Both internally with colleagues and staff, and externally with the patrons which we serve, culture matters. Culture matters in attracting and retaining library and information professionals and for developing inclusive work environments. We need to develop an understanding of cultural identities and their impact on thinking and behavior at both the individual and team level. Understanding biases and enhancing our own cultural awareness are the critical first steps in creating diverse, inclusive, and equitable organizations.

LYRASIS Learning

Did you know that you can access all of our classes listed above, and all our past classes, for one annual fee for your whole institution? Subscribe to LYRASIS Learning to access everything. Find more information here or contact [log in to unmask]

Email Donna Harnish to learn more.

Stay Connected

Like us on Facebook  Follow us on Twitter

Copyright © 2014. All Rights Reserved.