The TLA Staff and Career Development Committee will have a booth in the Exhibit Hall. We want to give you the opportunity to recruit for candidates for positions in your library or to ask questions of colleagues regarding your resume, cover letter, or interview techniques.

If you want to volunteer to help a colleague, we are looking for TLA members to volunteer to staff the booth for an hour or thirty minutes during the time that exhibits are open. Exhibits are open from 11-5 on Thursday and from 8-3:30 on Friday.

If you are interested in mentoring but do not want to sit at the booth, please send me your name and contact information. I can connect you with someone interested in corresponding with a mentor related to library type or geographical area.

If you want to advertise a position, please send me a copy of your job ad before 5 on Tuesday. Or simply bring one to the booth. I will have a notebook for job ads. The booth is a great place to meet job seekers if you are recruiting.

At the booth, we will have a sign-up sheet for those seeking career advice, when no one is available to speak with you or if you want to arrange to meet in a different location in the conference center. You can leave that information in a box at the booth. One of the committee will be checking every couple of hours.

Please let me know if you have other questions. Thanks,

Martha

Martha Earl, MSLS, AHIP

Director/Associate Professor

University of Tennessee Medical Center

Preston Medical Library/Health Information Center

1924 Alcoa Highway