Whether you’re just starting your career in libraries or are looking to make a career move, come see TLA Career Services at our booth in the exhibit hall!  Career Services Committee members and volunteers will be there to help with resumes, practice interviewing, networking and more. Bring copies of your resume, cover letters, portfolio, or anything else you would like Career Services’ input on. Set aside some time to go through interview questions and your answers to help you get ready for the big day.  If no one is available at the booth when you visit, you may leave your contact information, or email Martha Earl at [log in to unmask], to be contacted later by a member of the committee or a volunteer mentor.

We look forward to seeing you in the Exhibit hall! Also, keep in mind these program sessions that are related to career development:

·       Opening Our Minds: Two Early Career Librarians.  Two Roundtables. Where To From Here?

·       Walking Together Through Open Doors: Successful Mentoring

·       Resilience in Leadership: Balancing Your Heart and Mind

If you can’t make it to TLA Conference this year, mark your calendars for these upcoming webinars sponsored by the Staff & Career Development Cmte:

Positive Organizational Shenanigans: From Interview Through Retirement – Crafting Team Victories Driven by Kindness with Christiania Riedel, Clarksville-Montgomery Co PL

Thurs, May 16 at 11:00 Eastern / 10:00 Central

Privacy & Libraries with Bryan Neil Jones, Nashville PL
Thurs, May 2 at 11:00 Eastern / 10:00 Central

For more information on TLA’s career services, please visit TLA’s Career Center https://www.tnla.org/page/careercenter or contact any member of the Staff and Career Development Committee.

DeAnne Luck
Lecturer, Library Science Program
Womack Educational Leadership Dept