Dear undergraduates,

This fall, I will teach a new course, GEOG 313: Geospatial Field Methods of UAVs, Lidar, and GPS, with Nathan McKinney and Michael Camponovo. This course will meet once a week on Wednesday afternoon from 2:30 to 5:30 pm. It will provide field work and lab experience in using UAVs (small drones), LiDAR, and GPS to obtain, process, and analyze geospatial data. The field component will teach how to use the UAV, LiDAR, and GPS equipment to obtain data. The lab component teaches how to process and analyze the data.

This course will be counted as a new geospatial course (by petition) and provide a foundation to other high level remote sensing and GIS courses, such as GEOG 413, GEOG 454, and GEOG 411. Attached please find a flyer of this course.

Please let me know if you have any question.

Yingkui

Yingkui Li, PhD
Professor
Director of Undergraduate Studies