Dear UTK Geography community:

The good news about departmental achievements keeps pouring in.

Please join me in congratulating Dr. Tyler Sonnichsen.  A book based on his doctoral dissertation has just been published (see link below) with the respected Palgrave press.

https://www.palgrave.com/us/book/9789811359675

The title of Tyler’s new book is Capitals of Punk

DC, Paris, and Circulation in the Urban Underground. It is the product of comprehensive field work both here in the US and France along with innovative theorizing of the transnational circulation of culture, music, and urban identity.

Again, we are very proud of/for you, Tyler.

Derek

Derek H. Alderman, PhD

Past President, American Association of Geographers

Professor, Department of Geography

Founder & Co-Coordinator, Tourism RESET

University of Tennessee

408 Burchfiel Geography Building