Geographers and Sustainers Presenting Posters at EURēCA,

Please see the recommendations below on academic posters. Poster printing deadline is Friday Morning before the contest (4/12).

  1.  I would like the opportunity to brag about your research on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. If you don’t mind me stopping by your poster, please send me an email that contains the information on when and where you’ll be set up and I’ll make sure to visit and take some pictures. I’ll have photo release forms if you haven’t signed one before.

  *   Please meet with your advisor to review your poster before you send it to me. You are also responsible for proofreading your poster before you send it to me. I won’t have time to print any of them twice.
  *   EURēCA poster size is 42” x 36”. Specific details are available here<https://eureca.utk.edu/participant-guidelines/>.
  *   For some reason, having a picture as a background on the poster causes the entire poster to have a pink tint. If anyone knows why this is happening please let me know. Otherwise, I’d recommend avoiding a large picture for the background.
  *   Please have at least a half inch margin on your poster on all sides.
  *   If you don’t already have a poster template you are planning on using, don’t reinvent the wheel. Use the ones that UTK makes available at http://brand.utk.edu/presentations/using-research-poster-templates/
  *   Is this your first academic poster? Follow some guidelines so that people actually want to learn about your research.
     *   http://colinpurrington.com/tips/poster-design
        *   This site even has recommendations on how to make your poster have smells, sounds, and videos.
     *   http://guides.nyu.edu/c.php?g=276826&p=1846154
     *   http://hsp.berkeley.edu/sites/default/files/ScientificPosters.pdf
  *   Depending on the resolution and file size of your poster, it could literally take hours to process on the plotter and then an additional half hour to actually print. That’s why I need these early.
  *   If the file size of your poster is too large to email me, feel free to bring me a flash drive with your poster or send it to me using the UTK Vault at https://vault.utk.edu/.
  *   Preferred file format is PDF. If you design your poster using PowerPoint, you can send me that file.
  *   If you have a question, ask me.

[cid:[log in to unmask]]

Thanks,

Michael Camponovo, CFM