Please see the email below for several key opportunities and events coming up with the Center for Career Development.

The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Veterans Resource Center
G020 Hodges Library
1015 Volunteer Blvd
Knoxville Tn 37996

VRC Phone 865-974-5420    VRC Fax 865-974-8517
Our website address is http://veterans.utk.edu/

Impact Internship Grant

Applications for the Impact Internship Grant are open!  The Center for Career Development has an exciting opportunity for students completing unpaid or very low stipend internships in an impact area (non-profit, social service, educational institution, or environmental organization just to name a few).

If  you have secured an internship for the summer of 2019 with an organization that has a positive social or environmental impact, then please consider applying for the Impact Internship Grant. The grant is designed to help alleviate some of the financial strains that can come along with completing an unpaid internship.  For more information about the grant and directions for applying, please visit http://bit.ly/UTImpactIntern.   Just as a disclaimer, if you are completing an internship, practicum, or placement as part of your academic program or major, those experiences are not typically eligible for the grant. However, if you are completing an internship outside of or in addition to your major requirements, you would be eligible to receive funding.

Parker Dewey Micro Internships

Parker Dewey is a platform for students to apply for short-term, mainly remote, micro-internships and projects. These opportunities are all paid and range from 5 to 40 hours of total work.

Micro-internships are can help you:

  • Explore potential career paths and industries
  • Develop or hone a job-critical skill
  • Make extra money over breaks or in between semesters
  • Grow your professional network
  • Enhance and expand your resume

Register for your account on Parker Dewey and start applying for micro-internships today.

VolTrek to Petsafe (Radio Systems) for Exploratory Students April 5

At Radio Systems Corporation, we LOVE our customers - especially the four-legged ones! We are the parent company of PetSafe® Brand, SportDOG® Brand, and Invisible Fence® Brand and are the leading manufacturer of electronic pet products. We are a global company with offices in Ireland, China, The United Kingdom, and Australia, but our global headquarters is right here in Knoxville, TN. We pride ourselves on being an innovative, collaborative and forward thinking organization and we would love to show you who we are and the opportunities that could be available to you including internships or full-time positions after graduation. During your VolTrek, you will get to see our campus, meet and network with representatives from across the organization and maybe pet a puppy or two (Did I mention we are one of the only corporations in Knoxville that allows our employees to bring dogs to work?)

Contact Chris Shuping at [log in to unmask] with questions.

Register on Handshake: https://utk.joinhandshake.com/events/287290

Social Services & Nonprofit Career Mingle

Interested in working in the social services and nonprofit sector? Come to this event to hear a panel talk about their experience in working in social sciences and nonprofit areas, then network with the panel and other organizations to learn about job, internship and volunteer opportunities.

Thursday, March 28 at 3:00pm to 5:00pm

Center for Career Development

Just In Time Career Fair

Ready to start your job search or just haven't found the right job yet, then the Just In Time Career Fair is for you! This Fair is for ALL MAJORS and degree levels. Employers attending the fair have jobs available for those graduating in May OR opportunities for internships and summer positions.

Thursday, April 4 at 1:00pm to 4:00pm

Student Union, Phase II - Ballroom 272

Diversity and Inclusion Networking Night April 15

Why do employers value diversity? How do employers demonstrate a commitment to inclusion? How do you ensure that an organization values you as an individual? These are common questions to consider as you transition from college to the professional world. Diversity and Inclusion Networking Night aims to connect you with employers and UTK alumni who can help you navigate these tough questions. Enjoy quality conversation, food, and receive a gift for attending.

Monday, April 15th 2019

4:00 pm - 6:00 pm

225 - Center for Career Development

Explore UT

Explore UT is an interactive workshop to help you choose a major or career path. Bring a friend and your laptop! Eat pizza, take assessments, and learn about resources together. Leave this session with next steps to start or continue your career journey more confidently.

April 16, 12:30pm to 2:00pm

Center for Career Development

Register on Handshake: https://utk.joinhandshake.com/events/282094