My name is Millan Markowitz, and I am an Admissions Director for the 2019 Out for Undergrad (O4U) Engineering Conference. I graduated from the University of Illinois in December 2019 with a B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, and am currently working as a Production Management Engineer for Cargill. I am reaching out to you because the Round 2 Application for O4U 2019 is now open, and we are looking to increase the number of applicants from University of Tennessee - Knoxville. Your students are among the top engineering students in the country, and we think that they would be a perfect fit for our conference.

If you're not familiar with Out for Undergrad (O4U) or the O4U Engineering Conference, you can learn more about it on the website here: https://www.outforundergrad.org/. O4U is a weekend-long professional development conference for high achieving, high potential LGBTQ+ undergraduate students who are studying engineering or interested in going into engineering.

This year’s O4U Engineering Conference will be held at Boston Scientific in Minneapolis, Minnesota from September 27th to September 29th. The application deadline for round two admissions is April 28th, 2019 at 11:59 PM (EST).

Students are admitted to attend the conference on a rolling basis. Flights and hotels are covered entirely by O4U, so if students are admitted from your college/university, they will only have to pay the $90 registration fee. We also offer fee waivers, discounts, and payment plans to students who are not able to afford the registration fee.

Please let your students know about the conference application. If you yourself cannot pass on this information to students directly by email or in a newsletter or announcement, please forward this email to a faculty or staff member, or student leader, who can!

If you or anyone at your school has any additional questions/concerns, please feel free to reach out to me or the O4U Engineering Admissions Team at [log in to unmask].

Thank you so much for your time, and have a great day!

Best,

Millan Markowitz

O4U Engineering Admissions Director

He/him/his

--

Millan Markowitz

Out for Undergrad, 2019  |  Admissions

Project Management Engineer at Cargill

Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering  |  University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

m[log in to unmask]  |  (618) 530-2741

beacon