International Affairs Academic Internship Program

Washington, DC

www.DCinternships.org/IntlAffairs

June 8 – August 2, 2019

Extended Deadline: April 3

**Scholarship Funding Available**

Are you still deciding what to do this summer? Do you want to take a big step in your career? There are numerous quality internships still available. It’s not too late to spend 8 weeks in Washington, DC completing an internship, earning credit, and expanding your professional network.

INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS INTERNSHIPS

We have been running academic internship programs for almost 50 years and through our comprehensive program all participants will be placed in an internship within one of the following types of organizations:

·         Embassy

·         Federal agency

·         International affairs policy group

·         Non-governmental international organization

Our staff works to place you with an organization that fits your skills and career goals. You’ll gain real-world experience that will set you apart when it’s time to find your first job after graduation. Click here for a list of sample of international affairs internship sites.

HOUSING

Live in the heart of Washington, DC on George Washington University’s campus, just steps from the Lincoln Memorial and Department of State. Roommate matching with other program participants is included. Click here to learn more about housing accommodations and the neighborhood.

COURSES FOR CREDIT

Maximize your summer by also taking courses for between 3 and 9 credits from George Mason University. Take courses designed for international relations, political science, economics and related majors and choose from a variety of engaging electives.  Click here to read more about the courses.

SCHOLARSHIP FUNDING

Over 85% of our students receive scholarship awards based on financial need and merit and funding is still available. Awards typically range from $1,000 -$4,500.

APPLICATION

Students are encouraged to visit www.DCinternships.org for more information and to begin an online application. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis through the April 3 extended deadline. Students will be notified of their admission decision within two weeks of completing an application. Questions may be directed to [log in to unmask] or 202.986.0384.

SEE WHAT OUR ALUMNI ARE SAYING

"Before I arrived here in DC, I was inexperienced. TFAS placed me in the perfect internship and exposed me to so many enlightening events - I was truly able to grow this summer. I have come out of this experience a confident and inspired woman; waiting now for the next opportunity to come back to DC."

Rebecca Najdzinski, La Roche College

Intern, National US-Arab Chamber of Commerce

Visit www.DCinternships.org/Alumni to read more testimonials from past program participants.

CONNECT WITH US

Connect with us on Social Media to learn more!

Twitter: www.Twitter.com/DCinternships

Facebook: www.Facebook.com/DCinternships

Instagram: www.Instagram.com/DCinternships

Blog: www.DistrictGPS.wordpress.com