From: Andrea N. Zielke
Sent: Monday, March 4, 2019 9:58 AM
To: TEL TSLA
Subject: TEL WB Timelines and other training tips

Good Morning!

We have some great webinars coming up for TEL.  As I am scheduling addition webinars and trainings, I’d love to hear what resources or tools within resources you would like to learn more about.  Please take a few minutes to fill out a quick survey about TEL training and materials – TEL Training & Marketing Feedback Survey.

Timelines for TEL

March 5, 2019 at Noon CST/1 pm EST

I hope you can join us tomorrow for a training about how to use World Book Timelines in the classroom! It is a great tool to help your students visualize history.  30 min.

Please register here:  https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/3328901592553465603

Support Summer Reading with Your TEL Gale Resources

March 14, 2019 at 1:00 PM CST /2:00 PM EST

It's 2019, time to prepare for Summer Reading -"A Universe of Stories!" In this session we will discuss how to match readers with books that meet their interests using Gale’s resource, Books and Authors.  We will take a close look at the Read-a-like Wizard and Who? What? Where? When? feature for finding great books for the summer reading program focused on Space and celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Apollo Moon Landing.  We will not only talk about how to find books, but also how to make sure the titles are the best fit by using the information provided in Books and Authors. 45 min.

Please register here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/806615320435103745

If you missed any webinars, find links to the recordings at https://tntel.info/content/training-calendar.

Welcome to your Gale Quick Tips Newsletter!

TOOL TIPS

Did you know your Gale resources offer their own built-in annotation tools? Users can keep track of key concepts and document sections by using our HIGHLIGHTS AND NOTES tool. Check out this 1-minute tutorial to see it in action!

TOP SEARCH TERMS

January’s TOP SEARCH TERM in Tennessee public libraries was George Washington. The top search for academic institutions was prescription medication abuse. Klondike Gold Rush 1896-1899 took the #1 spot in searches in school libraries.

DATABASE TIP

Opposing Viewpoints In Context has a new Document Type – INTERACTIVE INFOGRAM.  These interactive graphs and charts will display in the Statistics content type and you can limit to them with an Advanced Search.  Using these infograms is a great way to engage with the content and raise comprehension of stats!

Miss out on any of the Gale webinars we’ve offered? Check out the recordings https://support.gale.com/tel/webinars

Thanks,

Andrea

Andrea Zielke

TEL Administrator

Tennessee Electronic Library

Tennessee State Library and Archives

Office of Tennessee Secretary of State Tre Hargett

403 7th Avenue North

Nashville, TN 37243

Phone: 615-532-4627

Fax: 615-532-9904

This electronic mail may be subject to the Tennessee Public Records Act, Tenn. Code Ann. §10-7-503 et seq.  Any reply to this email may also be subject to this act.

The mission of the Office of the Secretary of State is to exceed the expectations of our customers, the taxpayers, by operating at the highest levels of accuracy, cost-effectiveness, and accountability in a customer-centered environment.

www.facebook.com/TennesseeSecretaryofState

www.facebook.com/TNStateLibraryArchives/timeline