From: ALA Washington Office <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, Mar 19, 2019 at 12:17 PM
Subject: ALA Advocacy Alert: Only a few days left to reach out to the House &#8594; #FundLibraries Campaign
To: <[log in to unmask]>

Advocacy Alert: Only a few days left to reach out to the House → #FundLibraries 2020 Campaign

When the White House released the budget proposal for FY2020, libraries were on the cutting room floor. While it feels like déjà vu, now is the time to reach out to Congress and urge your members to reject this short-sighted plan and request them to support federal funding for libraries.

http://cqrcengage.com/ala/app/take-action?engagementId=497505This year's "Dear Appropriator" letters are circulating in the House, but we need more Representatives to sign on. Right now, we have 43 sigantures on LSTA, but we had more than 100 last year. We have 40 signatures on IAL, but we had more than 90 last year.

We are counting on ALA adovcates to let your representative know how important libraries are to their constituents. Do not let them think their work is done!

Most members of the House will only sign a "Dear Appropriator" letter if their constituents ask them. Use ALA's Action Center to send an email now and urge your representative to sign today.

The House deadline is fast approaching. Send your email now, as letters will close soon.

Want to see if your representative has signed already? Check ALA's appropriations letter tracker. Need more info? Read the latest advocacy news in American Libraries online.

Contact Us
ALA Advocacy and Public Policy Office
1615 New Hampshire Ave NW, 1st Floor
Washington, D.C. 20009-2520
Phone: 202-628-8410 • Toll Free: 1-800-941-8478
Sign Up
Ready to take action?
Subscribe to our Action Center.

  ALA logo

Please unsubscribe below if you no longer wish to receive emails from the ALA Washington Office.

Unsubscribe