Here is a little template to get you started on writing your legislator to thank them for meeting with you. The words in yellow are for you to personalize.

Thanks!

SUBJECT: Thank you for meeting with me

Dear [Senator/Representative Last Name,]

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to meet with me/us during Tennessee Library Legislative Day on March 12, 2019 in Nashville. I was encouraged by your positive and enthusiastic response to all of the information I/we gave you about Tennessee libraries in general and [insert your library/region/school library name here] specifically.

You will recall that we discussed the importance of Net Neutrality, Rural Broadband, and the need for a Coordinator of School Librarians in the Department of Education. I am aware that there is still much work to be done to reach these goals, and I hope you will continue to support Tennessee Libraries in ensuring Tennesseeans have free and open access to information.

We also discussed [insert any other items you discussed here]

Thank you again for taking the time to meet with me. [Insert your library/region/school name here] look forward to working with you and your staff in the future. Please feel free to contact me/us if you have any questions or if I can be of any service to you.

Sincerely,

Best,
Sharon Kay Edwards, MSLS
Legislative Monitor, Tennessee Library Association
(931) 619-7863