From: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Michael Dowling
Sent: Wednesday, March 13, 2019 9:46 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [alacro-l] Legislative Visits in DC During ALA Annual

Dear Chapters,

As you know, National Library Legislative Day will be a little bit different in 2019. In light of the Annual Conference being held in DC this June, we will not hold NLLD in 2019. We are currently planning advocacy activities (details are forthcoming) as a part of the regular Annual programming, but we will not be having any ALA coordinated Hill visits during the 2019 conference. We will resume our traditional NLLD in 2020.

The Public Policy and Advocacy Team encourages advocates to meet, build and maintain relationships with their members of Congress in their home districts. However, if state delegations choose to visit with their members of Congress during Annual, we ask that they coordinate with the team in Washington to ensure advocates have the most timely messaging, leave-behinds and talking points. In addition, below you will find a link to our new tools for advocates in building relationships with elected officials.

Relationships with Elected Officials: http://www.ala.org/advocacy/build-relationships

Thank you,
The Public Policy and Advocacy Team
1615 New Hampshire Ave., NW
Washington, D.C. 20009-2520
(202) 628-8410

https://twitter.com/ALAlibrary
https://www.facebook.com/AmericanLibraryAssociation
https://www.instagram.com/AmericanLibraryAssociation

If you no longer wish to receive information via this e-list, here are the instructions on how to unsubscribe:

UNSUBSCRIBE INSTRUCTIONS:
* Go to http://lists.ala.org/sympa/info/alacro-l
* Log in on this page; first time users will need to get a password by following instructions
* Choose Unsubscribe from the left-hand column and follow instructions