Dear GRC:

For those that are not going to the 2019 International Symposium on Ranaviruses in Australia, Jamie Voyles (University of Nevada) and I encourage you to consider presenting your research at the 2019 Joint AFS-TWS meeting in Reno (https://afstws2019.org<https://afstws2019.org/>).  This is the first joint international meeting of the American Fisheries Society (AFS) and The Wildlife Society (TWS), and there will be several regular sessions on wildlife and fish diseases. In addition, Jamie and I are organizing a one-day symposium on Bsal (see link below), and Krysten Schuler (Cornell University) is organizing a 1/2-day “biosecurity and biosafety” workshop to discuss best practices to minimize cross-contamination of samples and translocation of pathogens between sites when conducting wildlife and fish disease research (see attachment). The deadline for abstract submission for general sessions is next Friday, 5 April, which can be done here:  https://afstws2019.org/tws-call-for-abstracts. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email Jamie, Krysten or me.

Bsal symposium:  http://fwf.ag.utk.edu/mgray/bsal/AFS-TWS2019_BsalSymposiumProposalFinal.pdf

All the Best, Matt

Matthew J. Gray, Ph.D., Professor
Associate Director, UTIA Center for Wildlife Health
Co-Chair, Technical Advisory Committee of the North American Bsal Task Force<http://www.salamanderfungus.org/>
Past Chair, PARC National Disease Task Team<http://parcplace.org/resources/parc-disease-task-team/>
Founding and Past Director, Global Ranavirus Consortium<https://www.ranavirus.org/>
University of Tennessee Institute of Agriculture (UTIA)
274 Ellington Plant Sciences Building
Knoxville, TN 37996-4563 USA

865-974-2740 Office / 865-974-4714 Fax
[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> | ag.tennessee.edu/cwh/<https://ag.tennessee.edu/cwh/Pages/default.aspx>
[cid:82CC1DE8-4934-4F6A-8C7B-1C41E31DC669]
UTIA Bsal Project: https://ag.tennessee.edu/fwf/bsalproject/