Good morning!

I hope to have some materials out to you soon about GPSAW (Graduate and Professional Student Appreciation Week) on April 1-6. In the meantime, I just wanted to encourage folks in the colleges to take the opportunity to promote any graduate students in your colleges during that week. If you’ve got any great stories you’re considering, this would be an opportune time.

One group of students you might seek out for this would be our Three Minute Thesis Finalists. These students will be competing on April 3, 1:30-3:30 in the Student Union Ballroom (272) as part of GPSAW. If you’re not familiar with the Three Minute Thesis competition, participants are given three minutes and a single static slide to present their thesis/dissertation work to a panel of judges (most of whom are not in their field). These judges use the criteria of engagement and content to determine the winners. There is more about the competition at: tiny.utk.edu/three-minutes or at threeminutethesis.org (the official 3MT site). These competitions are amazing to watch, and I encourage everyone to take time to come out to support good research communication.

The finalists are:

These are outstanding researchers and as a plus, they’re very good communicators. They kind of have to be to succeed in this competition.

Anything you can do to help us promote our graduate students during GPSAW is most appreciated. We have GPSAW events in the UT calendar at: calendar.utk.edu/gpsaw_events and I’ll be sharing these events on social media in the coming weeks.

Thanks!

Sean

--
[log in to unmask]" alt="http://images.utk.edu/images/interface/ut-emailsignature.gif">