Dear IS PhD Students,

First, thanks for your terrific participation in our faculty candidate search process!  There is one more candidate visiting next week on Tuesday and Wednesday (https://www.sis.utk.edu/date/e-e-lawrence-diverse-books-oppressive-tastes-social-justice-critique-readers’-advisory/01-17<https://www.sis.utk.edu/date/e-e-lawrence-diverse-books-oppressive-tastes-social-justice-critique-readers'-advisory/01-17>) .  The public lecture will be on Tuesday at 9:30 in Scripps Theater.  The lunch with PhD students will be on Wednesday from 12:00-1:30 in the SIS Collaboratory.  You can still sign-up, but please do so ASAP so we know how much food to order: https://utk.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_dne04jJKrzms9Ip.

Second item:  Last year, we established the SIS Student Summer Research Award to help students (MSIS and PhD) work on research during the summer.  Two PhD students were support last year.  The call for proposals for this summer is now available:

https://www.sis.utk.edu/sis-student-summer-research-award

The deadline for proposals is March 8th.  February is a short month! Please start work on your proposal right-away (and don’t forget to speak with your advisor, who will have to agree to supervise you).

Cheers,

Diane

---
Diane Kelly, Professor and Director
School of Information Sciences
University of Tennessee
1345 Circle Park Dr., Suite 451
Knoxville, TN 37996-0341
Telephone: 865-974-5882

[facebook30]<https://www.facebook.com/UTKSIS/>       [instagramupdated] <https://www.instagram.com/utk_sis/>        [twitter30] <https://twitter.com/UTKSIS>        [linkedinlogo30] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/utksis/>
[spacer]
[School of Information Sciences - Shortcut-2Line]<https://www.sis.utk.edu/>