Dear all,

This is an announcement that applications have opened for Kylerec 2019, a student workshop in symplectic geometry and contact topology happening in California this summer. We would appreciate your help advertising this program and or fowrading this email to all graduate students who might be interested.

The topic for Kylerec 2019 is "Sheafy Symplectic Topology".

Graduate students at any stage are encouraged to apply. We especially encourage applications from women, underrepresented minorities, and we are committed to providing assistance to students with disabilities or special needs. We are grateful to the NSF for their support. Local expenses (including lodging and food) and partial travel expenses will be covered for participants.

Applications due by March 22nd. Please apply at this link https://form.jotform.com/90358074641155

Format: Kylerec is a student-led and student-run workshop. We will live in a communal setting, sharing cooking and cleaning responsibilities. Talks will be given by a majority of participants, with guidance from our mentors. Our vision is to foster a healthy, relaxed and creative atmosphere where we can learn mathematics together and make human connections in the process.

Topic: This year, we will investigate the relationship between the Fukaya categories of exact symplectic manifolds and sheaf theory. Fukaya categories are a central part of modern symplectic topology, mirror symmetry and low-dimensional topology, however they remain very difficult to compute. On the other hand, categories of constructible sheaves are much more concrete and tractable. In the case of a cotangent bundles, the work of Nadler-Zaslow identifies the wrapped Fukaya category with a certain category of sheaves on the zero-section. For more general Weinstein manifolds, it is conjectured that one can find a Lagrangian skeleton, generalising the zero-section of a cotangent bundle, with at worst singularities from Nadler's “arboreal” list. The wrapped Fukaya category is then expected to coincide with a category of sheaves on this skeleton. In particular, this suggests Fukaya categories should themselves exhibit “sheafy” properties: they might be reconstructed by breaking a symplectic manifold into pieces and gluing together local computations. One approach to doing this is provided by the work of Ganatra-Pardon-Shende, with many important structural implications for wrapped Fukaya categories.
This workshop will survey this circle of ideas. After covering the basics of Floer theory, the Fukaya category and sheaf theory, we will delve into the work of Nadler-Zaslow and Ganatra-Pardon-Shende. We hope to see lots of interesting examples, calculations and applications along the way, in particular the aforementioned arboreal singularities. This should be of great interest to both newcomers to the symplectic and contact geometry, and more advanced graduate students.

Mentors:  Sheel Ganatra (USC), Xin Jin (Boston College), Laura Starkston (UC Davis), and Umut Varolgunes (Stanford).

Dates: May 31-  June 6, 2019

Location: Truckee CA (near Lake Tahoe)

For further questions, please email [log in to unmask]

More information is available at https://kylerec.wordpress.com/
Thank you for your time and we hope to see you there!

Best Regards,
Orsola Capovilla-Searle (Duke), on behalf of the organizing committee: Orsola Capovilla-Searle (Duke), Dahye Cho (StonyBrook), Cédric De Groote (Stanford), Tim Large (MIT), and Sarah McConnell (Stanford).
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- This message was sent to you via the Geometry List, which announces conferences in geometry and closely related areas to over 1600 mathematicians worldwide.

At http://listserv.utk.edu/archives/geometry.html there are many functions available, including checking the archives since November 2005, changing your e-mail address or preferences, and joining/leaving the list. If you have problems that cannot be resolved at this website, send a message to [log in to unmask]

Before sending an announcement, please carefully read the following. Any announcements that are *not* about conferences (e.g. those about jobs, journals, books, etc.) will be rejected by the moderator without comment. To announce a geometry or closely related conference, send the announcement (including a conference web site if possible) to [log in to unmask] The moderator cannot edit your message; list members will receive the announcement as an e-mail from you EXACTLY as you submitted it. For example, if your submission starts with "Please post this on the geometry list" then your conference announcement will also begin with that statement. In order to keep down the volume of e-mail, only TWO announcements per conference will be approved by the moderator. The "subject" of your message should include the name of the conference and the number (first or second) of the announcement, e.g. Gauss Memorial Lectures in Geometry: Second Announcement. Please check that your announcement (especially the website) is correct. Corrections will be approved only in the most critical situations, e.g. if corrected information is not available on the website. After submitting an announcement you may receive a message asking you to confirm your submission. This feature is designed to thwart the hundreds of machine-generated spam that are sent to the list and would otherwise have to be manually blocked by the moderator. If you do not see your announcement within 48 hours, please check the archives to see whether it was actually posted (i.e. you somehow missed seeing the post or are not subscribed with your current email address). If the announcement is not in the archive, search for a confirmation message that you may have missed (from listserv.utk.edu). If none of this solves the mystery, send a message to [log in to unmask]

The Geometry List is sponsored and maintained by the Mathematics Department, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville.