From: Robinson, Kelly <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, Feb 11, 2019 at 9:53 AM
Subject: [sdmcop] Postdoc at MSU- SDM, stock assessment, climate change
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>

Hi all,

We have a postdoc open at the Quantitative Fisheries Center at Michigan State. Jim Bence and I are looking for someone to work on a couple of projects related fish harvest in the Great Lakes. The first, working with me, is incorporating natural mortality estimates into a stock assessment model for Lake Erie walleye, and evaluating the potential effects of climate change on walleye recruitment and management. This will include working closely with a stakeholder group of commercial and recreational fishers, as well as members of the Lake Erie Committee and other stakeholders. The second is applying age-structured stock assessment models to other fish species in the Great Lakes, working with Jim Bence. We’d love to find someone that has an interest or experience in decision analytic techniques, as well as someone that has some stock assessment experience. However, a background in quantitative techniques (absent specific experience in stock assessment) would be considered, as well. Thank you!

Kelly

Kelly F. Robinson
Assistant Professor
Quantitative Fisheries Center
Department of Fisheries and Wildlife
480 Wilson Road, 2B Natural Resources Building
Michigan State University
East Lansing, MI 48824
Office: (517) 884-8872
Fax: (517) 432-1699