FYI.

From: Deans Directors Department Heads <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Beeler, Mandie <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2019 4:34 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [DDDHLIST] 2019 Emerging Leaders Nominations

The Center for Leadership & Service is currently seeking nominations for the Fall 2019 Emerging Leaders Course, a long-standing leadership tradition on our campus! The nomination form is currently available online using this form.

Emerging Leaders is a three credit-hour leadership course (credit/no credit) taught every year for a select group of rising sophomores interested in studying leaders, leadership theories, and the application of leadership in a variety of situations.

The Emerging Leaders course offers students the opportunity to:

  • Network with other leaders and administrators across campus
  • Participate in an off-campus leadership experience (past trips have included Baton Rouge, Tallahassee, Washington DC, Atlanta, and Montgomery)
  • Discover their distinctive leadership style
  • Join a cadre of specialized and distinguished UT students

Feedback from former Emerging Leaders:

“The Emerging Leaders Class took me from what I felt was a 'leadership plateau' to new heights! The semester's material challenged the way I viewed myself, others, and leadership as a student, as well as a future professional. I learned about myself, my leadership skills, and met some outstanding leaders who will be friends for a lifetime. I can clearly see changes in my leadership style that are direct effects of the Emerging Leaders course. THANK YOU!”

"Emerging leaders not only builds better leaders, but builds better friends. The experience is something you cannot gain anywhere else on campus."

“Being an Emerging Leader at UT has made me define who I am and how that shapes my ability to motivate others and better the world.”

“The EL class was the best thing to happen to me in college, as far as opening doors and making me realize my potential.”

“The class helped me understand my own leadership style as well as how to work with others.”

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me. Thank you!

Mandie Beeler, Ed.D. (She/Her/Hers)
Director, Center for Leadership and Service

193 Student Union Building

1502 Cumberland Ave|Knoxville, TN|37996

865.974.1039 (o) | leadserve.utk.edu

Signature