Geographers, Sustainers, and Geospatial Friends,

The Cumberland Chapter of URISA will be hosting workshops and a conference here at UTK during spring break. This is an excellent, low cost opportunity to learn about advances in geospatial technology, meet representatives from government and industry, and show off your research in the student poster/map contest.

Workshop Details

When: Tuesday March 19, 2019

Location: Burchfiel Geography Building

Cost: Varies by workshop, but student costs are very inexpensive (usually between $5-$20)

Workshop Topics

  1. Introduction to Lidar Data Utilizing Esri ArcGIS Pro with Paul Dudley
  2. Introduction to QGIS with Randal Hale
  3. Using LiDAR with Grass with Randal Hale
  4. Working with UAV-collected Imagery with Ryan Hermann
  5. Working with LiDAR -- Essentials and Applications with Jeremy Mullins
  6. The 2020 U.S. Census – Update on Opportunities with Charlotte Faye Anderson

Conference Details

When: Wednesday March 20, 2019

Location: Strong Hall Auditorium and Room 101

Student Cost: Free if you submit a poster or map to the gallery/Otherwise $15

The agenda for both days is attached. Let me know if you have any questions.

While this message has been tailored for students, please help us spread the word about these opportunities if you can. I’ll be posting content to my personal Twitter, Instagram, and Department Facebook page as well.

Michael Camponovo

GIS Outreach Coordinator

Geography Department

209A Burchfiel Geography Building