FYI, Geographers.

DA

Subject: [Cultural Geography] : Extended Deadline: Qualitative Research Paper Competition - Phd, Masters, and Bachelors level awards

Apologies for cross-posting. The AAG Qualitative Research Specialty Group has extended its Student Paper Deadline to Friday, March 8. **... -posted to the "Cultural Geography" community

Cultural Geography

Extended Deadline: Qualitative Research Paper Competition - Phd, Masters, and Bachelors level awards

Image removed by sender. Chad Steacy

Feb 23, 2019 10:27 PM

Chad Steacy

Apologies for cross-posting.

The AAG Qualitative Research Specialty Group has extended its Student Paper Deadline to Friday, March 8.

***Undergraduate students are especially encouraged to apply***

The Qualitative Research Specialty Group (QRSG) of the AAG invites submissions for our 2019 Student Paper Awards. We will give out two graduate awards: one for a PhD student (at $500) and one for an MA student (at $250). We will also give out one undergraduate award ($200). Students are encouraged to submit papers that include a significant engagement with qualitative research, which might explore one or more of the following:

  • empirics: the significance of qualitative research findings,
  • methodology: the development of a particular qualitative methodology to fit research questions and purpose,
  • praxis: the relationship between qualitative methods and theory formation,
  • the politics of research practice and qualitative methods,
  • teaching and learning how to conduct qualitative research,
  • innovative or critical interventions in qualitative research methodologies, such as from feminist, queer, or critical race theory perspectives

Please submit papers of 5,000 words or less (excluding references) to Chad Steacy ([log in to unmask]) no later than Friday, March 8, 2019. Applications are restricted to student authors and otherwise unpublished work (papers written with faculty advisors will not be accepted). Papers written by multiple student authors may be submitted (understanding that the award would be split among all authors). Eligible papers should also be slated for presentation at AAG 2019 in Washington, DC, or presented at another conference this academic year.

Please direct all questions to

Chad Steacy
Department of Geography
University of Georgia

  Reply to Group Online   View Thread   Recommend   Forward

You are subscribed to "Cultural Geography" as [log in to unmask] To change your subscriptions, go to My Subscriptions. To unsubscribe from this community discussion, go to Unsubscribe.

Image removed by sender.