Good morning!

Just a reminder that Form 471 is now available to file.  The deadline to file Form 471 is March 27th, so there is still plenty of time to file the second form.  If you have not filed Form 470, the deadline for that is February 28th.

For Form 470, you do not need bills, just general information about the services you are interested in.  If you are going out to bid (which is not required, unless your city/county requires it), you will need to upload your bid documents.

For Form 471, you will need to know your service provider and the cost of your services.  If you’re not changing service providers, then you can use the highest bill from the last year or two to calculate your funding from.  If you are changing service providers, then you will need to find out from them what the cost will be, and if they can add in the taxes/fees, that would be great.

If you would like some additional training on E-rate, there are webinars available through the USAC.

Available webinars

From the last newsletter…

E-rate Office Hours

During the FY2019 application filing window, USAC will conduct a series of office hour webinars which will focus on specific E-rate topics covered in our online E-rate Program Training Series.

Here is how the process will work:

Because the first office hour webinars will be held next week, we are providing the details below. Remember to register using the appropriate link on the Webinars page once the full schedule is posted.

Date and Time

Topic

Level

Module

Thursday, January 31 at 2:00 p.m. EST

Basic Program Concepts

Beginner

Basic Concepts

Thursday, January 31 at 3:00 p.m. EST

Advanced Competitive Bidding

Competitive Bidding

Jennifer

Jennifer Cowan-Henderson

Director of Planning and Development

State E-rate Coordinator for Public Libraries

Tennessee State Library and Archives

Office of Tennessee Secretary of State Tre Hargett

403 7th Avenue North

Nashville, TN 37243

p 615-741-1923

f 615-532-9904

This electronic mail may be subject to the Tennessee Public Records Act, Tenn. Code Ann. §10-7-503 et seq.  Any reply to this email may also be subject to this act.

The mission of the Office of the Secretary of State is to exceed the expectations of our customers, the taxpayers, by operating at the highest levels of accuracy, cost-effectiveness, and accountability in a customer-centered environment.

Secretary of State Social Media Links:

www.facebook.com/TennesseeSecretaryofState

www.facebook.com/TNStateLibraryArchives/timeline