From: Tennessee Library Association and other Tennessee librarians <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Sharon Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2018 8:10:51 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [TLA-L] WE DID IT! Congress passed it!

All,
Great news from ALA: "Congress has passed S. 3530, the Museum and Library Services Act (MLSA)! We are so proud and thrilled to see one of ALA's priorities — reauthorizing IMLS and LSTA — over the finish line, capping two years of intensive efforts by ALA members and library advocates.

It's VERY EASY to send a thank you email to your reps. All you have to do is click the following link. The email is composed for you, and you have the opportunity to edit it as you please, or send it as is.
https://cqrcengage.com/ala/app/write-a-letter?0&engagementId=493616

With the exception of Rep. Duncan, all TN congresspeople in session voted in favor of libraries. You can find the roll call vote here: http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2018/roll445.xml

So, please take a moment to thank your reps, and call the TN ones a district or so next to yours. Let them hear a chorus of thanks from TN libraries today.  It's so very important to thank them when they've acted on our behalf, so please take a few minutes to do so, and encourage others around you to do the same.

Have a great day!

Best,
Sharon Kay Edwards, MSLS
Legislative Monitor, Tennessee Library Association
(931) 619-7863