From: American Library Association <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, Dec 13, 2018 at 10:53 AM
Subject: Let's make some noise, Sharon. House Leadership wants to kill the Museum and Library Services Act.
To: <[log in to unmask]>

Library Twitter, Activate.

The two barriers between us and the passage of the Museum and Library Services Act (MLSA) are Speaker Paul Ryan and House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy. From now until 2 p.m. this afternoon, we need a wave of tweets and social media urging them to fulfill their promise. We need them to hear us, loud and clear: pass MLSA.

Sharon, do not let Speaker Ryan or Rep. McCarthy fail to carry out their commitment to support MSLA. Tweet now! No Twitter? Send a quick email.

Easier to copy and paste to Twitter? Here's our message:
The library community strongly urges House Leadership to honor their agreement for S. 3530. @SpeakerRyan and @GOPLeader, don't break your promise to your constituents and library patrons across the country. Pass this bill now.

Contact Us
ALA Washington Office
1615 New Hampshire Ave NW, 1st Floor
Washington, D.C. 20009-2520
Phone: 202-628-8410 • Toll Free: 1-800-941-8478
Subscribe
Ready to take action?
Subscribe to our Action Center.

  ALA logo

Please unsubscribe below if you no longer wish to receive emails from the ALA Washington Office.

Unsubscribe