Colleagues,

On the morning of Sunday, December 2, a water supply line supporting fire suppression on the 7th floor of Clement Hall burst as the result of an act of vandalism. This incident caused significant flooding on the 7th floor, and has compromised systems in other parts of the building.  University Housing and Facilities Services staff have been working to restore systems, and students residing in specific areas of the building have been temporarily relocated.

University Housing, the Office of the Dean of Students, and Academic Affairs has been diligently working with Clement Hall residents to provide resources and support.  Below is a link to the campus Clement Hall Q & A page that provides commonly asked questions about the incident.  We are continually adding to this list, so please check back regularly if you receive questions from students so that you are providing the most updated information.  As always, I recommend that you refer students to University Housing whenever possible so that they may assist students directly.

https://tiny.utk.edu/clement-q-a

A huge thank you to University Housing, Office of the Dean of Students, Academic Affairs, and the university Office of Communications & Marketing staff for continually working to find solutions that prioritize our students.

[http://images.utk.edu/images/interface/ut-emailsignature.gif]
Meghan Jagnow
The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Office of Marketing & Communications, Division of Student Life
405 Student Services Building
1331 Circle Park Drive
8659743725
studentlife.utk.edu