Good morning everyone,

I wanted to share the communications plan from our team regarding the Student Union. The building officially opens to the public on Wednesday (January 2). I encourage you all to share the information we send out wherever you see appropriate. Please let me know if you have any questions at all! Thank you.

January

10 a.m. January 2: Broadcast email to students, faculty, and staff from Vice Chancellor Carilli about Student Union opening

11 a.m. January 2: Press release about new Student Union posted to news.utk.edu

11:30 a.m. January 2: Media advisory inviting media to tour the Student Union

1 p.m. January 4: Media advisory about Lighting the Torch event

2 p.m. January 4: Instagram story tour from the @UTKnoxville Instagram account

10 a.m. January 7: Traditions Incorporated in the Student Union story posted to studentlife.utk.edu (include in campus newsletters, post to social media)

1:30 p.m. January 7: Tour of the Student Union for local media

10 a.m. January 7: Teaser sculpture creation videos

2 p.m. January 8: Teaser sculpture creation videos

6 p.m. January 8: Lighting the Torch event<https://calendar.utk.edu/event/lighting_the_torch#.XCoqdy2ZMhg>, Instagram Story and other social media posts

January 8: Post full and one-minute versions of sculpture creation video on social media after event

January 9: (TENTATIVE) Tours for campus community, more information to come

1 p.m. January 14: Things You Didn’t Know You Could Do in the Student Union story posted to studentlife.utk.edu (newsletters, social)

1 p.m. January 21: Top Spaces to Hang Out in the Student Union story posted to studentlife.utk.edu (newsletters, social)

1 p.m. January 28: By the Numbers: The New Student Union story posted on studentlife.utk.edu (newsletters, social)

March

March 29: Full opening event

[http://images.utk.edu/images/interface/ut-emailsignature.gif]
Katherine Saxon Keith
Coordinator for Student Communications & Social Media Team Member
The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
Office of Communications and Marketing
91 Communications Building
communications.utk.edu