It’s the most wonderful time of the year! It’s commencement week!

The Graduate Hooding ceremony takes place this Thursday at 4:30 p.m. The undergraduate ceremony for all colleges takes place Friday at 9 a.m.

I wanted to share what the Office of Communications and Marketing is doing on social media. We’d love to hear what you’re doing so we can share.

Our hashtag is #UTgrad2018. We’re monitoring Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for fun content that we can share. We’ll be sharing tweets and Instagram photos on the big screen in Thompson-Boling before and after Friday’s ceremony. We’ll take this display down during the ceremony to ensure that all of our proud Volunteer families can see their smiling graduates’ faces. Our social team will be curating the displayed content by hand, in real time, to make sure that only appropriate (and really fun) posts are shared.

There will be a few extra special moments/surprises during the ceremony. Our video team will be on hand to capture these, and we’ll push stories/video/photos out Friday afternoon. Keep an eye on our accounts if you’d like to share.

Feature stories on some of our graduates will be posted over the next few days at https://news.utk.edu/tag/fall-commencement-2018.

You can find our commencement website at commencement.utk.edu. Here we’ve got links to watch ceremonies online, parking info, and we’ll be integrating social content from our community members who are using the #UTgrad2018 hashtag.

cid:<a href=[log in to unmask]">

Rebekah Winkler
Social Media Manager

The University of Tennessee, Knoxville