Sadie, I don’t recall seeing any specific policy, but I did find this statement on the OPM web page.

https://www.opm.gov/retirement-services/benefits-officers-center/training/#url=agency

Agency benefits officers have the primary responsibility to provide retirement financial education to their employees.  The administration of the Federal benefits programs is decentralized, and day-to-day administration of the programs is handled by the employing agency.

From: Extension Service Personnel Officers in the Southern Region <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Sadie S Brown
Sent: Monday, November 05, 2018 8:56 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Cooperative Extension Service Retirement Counseling

Does anyone know if there is documentation anywhere that says that because we are a federal agency we must offer retirement counseling to our employees/retirees with Federal benefits?

We have always operated under that rule but would like to know if anyone knows where the official rule might be or if it is still in effect.

Sadie Brown
CAES Ag Business Office | Director of Fiscal Affairs
147 Cedar Street | Rm 215 Conner Hall | Athens, GA 30602

p: 706-542-2373
e: [log in to unmask]

w: http://www.caes.uga.edu/about/offices/caes-business-office.html

University of Georgia