Greetings:

We are working with our Administrative Team to provide guidance to supervisors in helping to hold employees accountable given the distance supervision that we face in our organizational structure.  In meeting with our Business Office colleagues, we are looking at recommending random quarterly reviews of individual employees p-card purchases, calendar reviews, and submitted travel.  Additional thoughts include a ‘secret shopper’ concept where designated personnel (supervisor or fiscal or HR) randomly stop by a County Office to see if employees are at work and/or programming.  During a recent unannounced visits to a few county offices, it was discovered that several educators were not in the office and those with scheduled events on their outlook calendar, were not where they should be.  Another had not been seen in the office for over a week.

Any best practices on what you are doing in your state to help with this situation would be greatly appreciated.  I can share the information collected.

CMM

Chris McClendon

Alabama Cooperative Extension System

ACES Business Office