Dear All, this is a great opportunity if anyone of you or your students are interested.

It is our pleasure to share with you this exciting conservation scholarship program here at the University of Michigan--the Doris Duke Conservation ScholarsProgram (DDCSP UM). DDCSP UM is a two-year research and internship opportunity for bright, curious undergraduate students interested in conservation, nature, and the environment. The program is aimed at bringing more undergraduates currently underrepresented in the environmental field into the conservation arena.

If you know any undergraduate students who have a specific interest in natural sciences, environmental studies/science, or conservation, we urge you to share with them the attached flyer. We would also appreciate your assistance in posting the flyer on the bulletin boards at your department. Thank you!

The DDCSP  UM offers unique learning and development opportunities for a diverse group of undergraduate students. It also provides generous funding and alumni support to better equip our scholars to build successful careers in the conservation and environmental fields. Our team led by Dr. Dorceta E. Taylor, James E. Crowfoot Collegiate Professor of Environmental Justice and Director of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) at the University of Michigan School for Environment and Sustainability (SEAS), is very excited to welcome our fourth cohort of scholars next summer 2019.

Please note that applications open November 12th, 2018 and the deadline is on February 1st, 2019 with a priority deadline of January 11th. Please see attached flyer for more information. For graduate students interested in an environmental summer program, kindly refer them to this link. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us at (734) 936-0900. Please feel free to forward this message along to other groups or individuals that might be interested in this program. We apologize if you receive multiple emails.

Thank you for helping us have a successful year and thank you for encouraging your students to apply!

ddcsp_banner.jpg

With all best,

DDCSP UM team
Dr. Dorceta E. Taylor, Director
Meg Daupan, Program Manager
Ima Otudor, Program Manager

beacon

To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [log in to unmask]" target="_blank" id="LPlnk545836" class="OWAAutoLink" previewremoved="true"> blackgeographies+[log in to unmask].
To post to this group, send email to [log in to unmask].
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/blackgeographies/CAAkUurwPg-wCdETjTArk5QRmDhO5VXM%3DLbZoTqO%3D%2BVKvTaWp%3Dw%40mail.gmail.com.