Dear Friends and Good People  -

Every spring at the Annual Conference of the Tennessee Library Association, the Friends of Tennessee Libraries and the Tennessee Library Association jointly recognize an individual or two groups (one serving a population of 24,999 or fewer; one serving more than 25,000) as “Friend of the Year.”
The recipient, either individual or group, must be a member in good standing of the Friends of Tennessee Libraries and must have made a significant contribution to a local Friendsʼ group and to the advancement of libraries in Tennessee. Now you have the opportunity to nominate a group or a person deserving that honor. The deadline for nominations is November 15.

Specific details can be found at:
http://www.friendstnlibraries.org/wp-content/uploads/FOTY-Nominations-Due-November-15-1-1.pdf <http://www.friendstnlibraries.org/wp-content/uploads/FOTY-Nominations-Due-November-15-1-1.pdf>

See relevant FOTL Newsletters <http://www.friendstnlibraries.org/home.newsletters/> for details about the achievements of past recipients of the award.
(Year indicated is presentation year - award is to recognize activities of previous year.)

2011  Friends of the Art Circle Library, Crossville. See FOTL Newsletter June-July 2011 <http://www.friendstnlibraries.org/wp-content/uploads/June_July2011.pdf>  p.8
2012  Friends of the Kodak Library, Sevier County. See FOTL Newsletter May-June 2012 <http://www.friendstnlibraries.org/wp-content/uploads/FOTLMay-JuneWEB.pdf>   p.1
2013  Friends of Benton County Library. See FOTL Newsletter May-June 2013 <http://www.friendstnlibraries.org/wp-content/uploads/FOTL2013May-JuneCS5WEB.pdf>   p.4
2014  Friends of the Tellico Village Public Library. See FOTL Newsletter May-June 2014 <http://www.friendstnlibraries.org/wp-content/uploads/FOTLMay-June2014WEB.pdf>   p.1
2015  Friends of the Williamson County Public Library. See FOTL Newsletter Spring 2015 <http://www.friendstnlibraries.org/wp-content/uploads/FOTLSpring2015THIS-WEB-2.pdf>   p.1
2016  Julie Webb, Founder of FOTL. See FOTL Newsletter Summer 2016 <http://www.friendstnlibraries.org/wp-content/uploads/FOTLSummer2016final-WEB-2.pdf>   p.1&3
2017  Friends of the White County Public Library; and Friends of Smyrna Library. See FOTL Newsletter Spring 2017 <http://www.friendstnlibraries.org/wp-content/uploads/FOTLSpring2017-WEB.pdf>   p.1
2018  Connie Albrecht, Cookeville; and Martha Gill, Knoxville. See FOTL Newsletter Summer 2018 <http://www.friendstnlibraries.org/wp-content/uploads/FOTLSummer2018-WEB.pdf>   p.3

Using the form on the FOTL website, please send completed nomination to Susie Ries, past president of FOTL, by e-mail [log in to unmask] or by postal service to Susie Ries, 3506 Richland Avenue, Nashville, TN 37205.
The deadline for nominations is November 15.

Looking forward to your nomination  -  Don

 - - -

Donald B. Reynolds, Jr.
P.O. Box 278
Talbott, Tennessee 37877
865.475.2030
2014-17, 2018-19 President, Friends of Tennessee Libraries (FOTL)
      Web Site <http://www.friendstnlibraries.org/>   Facebook Page <https://www.facebook.com/pages/Friends-of-Tennessee-Libraries/78895803726?fref=ts>   Friends Ethical Statement <http://www.friendstnlibraries.org/wp-content/uploads/FOTL-Ethical-Dozen-for-Friends-of-the-Library-18Sept2015.pdf>   Parent Tips for Reading Aloud <http://www.friendstnlibraries.org/wp-content/uploads/Parent-Tips-for-Reading-Aloud-Sept-2014-Imagination-Week-Handout-REV-FINAL1.pdf>   Tool Kit for Building Friends Group <http://www.friendstnlibraries.org/wp-content/uploads/Final-Sept2015FOTL-TOOL-KIT-for-Building-a-Library-Friends-Group-REV-Sept2015.pdf>
Former Chair, Tennessee Library Association Trustees/Friends Section
Retired Director, Nolichucky Regional Library, Tennessee
Founding Director/Former President, Association for Rural and Small Libraries
Rural & Small Library Directors’ Tool Kit <http://rurallibrarydirectors.pbworks.com/>

DISCLAIMER:  This email is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty
and in no way are to be considered flaws.

Learning to ignore things is one of the great paths to inner peace.
~  Robert J. Sawyer

I believe without laughter there’s no point at all.
~ Lauren Bacall

Be Happy.  It's one way of being wise.
~ Sidone Gabrielle Colette

Last year I joined a support group for procrastinators. We haven't met yet!

Since retiring, I wake up in the morning with nothing to do -
and by bedtime it's only half done.
~ Bill Yates, small society

God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things -
right now, I'm so far behind, I will never die.
~ Anonymous

May the good Lord make you smart enough to live in a small town.
~ Radio news announcer in The Runaway Bride

He who reads books knows more.

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.
~ Harry Truman

Take change by the hand before it takes you by the throat.
~ Sam McKinney

Just because everything is different doesn't mean anything has changed.
~ Irene Peter