FYI great opportunities to present your research and the Office of Undergraduate Research will support part of the cost through the travel grant.

Yingkui

From: Troop, Susan Ann
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2018 10:20 AM
To: Office of Undergraduate Research <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Funded UG Research Presentation Opportunities-Deadlines Approaching!

Good Morning!

I want to make you aware of some approaching deadlines for abstract submission for undergraduates to present their research.  Listed below are some prestigious undergraduate research conferences for which the Office of Undergraduate Research is offering full or partial funding for travel expenses.
Most of these opportunities only require abstract submission at this time, so we hope you will encourage your undergraduate student to submit their abstracts for consideration.

Posters at the Capitol<https://ugresearch.utk.edu/activities/posters-at-the-capitol/>  Present your research in Nashville!  Abstract submissions are due by Nov. 2!  Submit your abstract HERE<https://ugresearch.utk.edu/activities/posters-at-the-capitol/posters-at-the-capitol-application/>

Posters on the Hill<https://ugresearch.utk.edu/activities/posters-on-the-hill/> 60 student are selected nationwide to present their research on Capitol Hill!  Submit your abstract by November 9, HERE<https://www.cur.org/what/events/students/poh/>  Faculty mentors need to be members of CUR (the Council on Undergraduate Research) in order for students to be considered.  Membership is free to UTK mentors under our institutional membership.  More information can be found HERE<https://ugresearch.utk.edu/faculty/cur/>.

NCUR<https://ugresearch.utk.edu/activities/ncur/ncur-travel-commitment-form/> (National Conferences on Undergraduate Research) - Join 4,000 other undergraduate researchers from across the country when you present your research at NCUR 2018 at Kennesaw State University.  Abstract Submission is open now and the deadline is December 4, 2018!  Submit your abstract HERE<https://apps.cur.org/ncur2019/account/>  I will also be hosting a seminar on "Why should I present at NCUR," on November 6, 10:00-11:00 Blount Hall A004.

If you student gets accepted to present at another conference in your discipline, be sure to have them apply for an undergraduate research travel grant, to receive $300, $500 or $800 to use toward their travel expenses!  Learn more about these grants HERE<https://ugresearch.utk.edu/students/undergraduate-research-travel-grants-program/>!

Please let me know if you have any questions or need any help submitting to the opportunities listed above.

***Also, faculty proposals for the Spring 2018 Semester Research Assistants program can be submitted HERE<https://ugresearch.utk.edu/faculty/office-of-undergraduate-research-semester-research-assistants-program/> beginning Nov. 1 and ending Nov. 21.  Faculty can submit proposals to receive funding for an undergraduate research assistant for Spring of 2019.

As always, we thank you for your support of undergraduate research at UTK!

Susan

[http://images.utk.edu/images/interface/ut-emailsignature.gif]
Susan Troop, CAP
Program Coordinator