I hope you are planning to join us today to hear from Associate General Counsel Frank Lancaster on campus free speech legal issues. Frank sent me some links to policies he will be discussing; please keep these for reference. You never know when these might come in handy.

—

Board Policy BT0006 – Policies Governing Academic Freedom, Responsibility, and Tenure – see Section I on Academic Freedom: https://universitytennessee.policytech.com/docview/?docid=489&public=true

Board Policy BT0021 – Policy Affirming Principles of Free Speech for Students and Faculty (this implements the Tennessee Campus Free Speech Protection Act): https://universitytennessee.policytech.com/docview/?docid=268&public=true

Regulation 1720-01-02 – Use of University Property: https://publications.tnsosfiles.com/rules/1720/1720-01/1720-01-02.20160504.pdf

Regulation 1720-01-12 – Use of University Property by Non-Affiliated Person’s for Free Expression Activities (the last page of which is the map showing where non-affiliated parties can engage in free expression activities): http://policycentral.utk.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/29/2016/05/FreeSpeechPolicyMap.pdf).

—

Campus Communicators Presentation: Free Speech on Campus

Associate General Counsel Frank Lancaster will discuss issues related to free speech on campus, followed by a Q&A.

Learn more about free speech at UT by visiting https://freespeech.utk.edu/.

Monday, September 10 at 3:00pm to 4:15pm

John C Hodges Library, 101
1015 Volunteer Blvd, Knoxville TN

https://calendar.utk.edu/event/campus_communicators_presentation_free_speech_on_campus#.W5aEui2ZNBw

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= To view the CAMPCOMM archives or Join/Leave the list: http://listserv.utk.edu/archives/campcomm.html