Hey everybody!

I hope everybody had a great summer (H.A.G.S if you will). We're pumped to have met everybody and can't wait to see you all again at our first meeting of the year.

Our first meeting will be on Wednesday, August 29th at 7:00pm Humanities and social sciences building (HSS) plaza, around the bull statue. https://maps.utk.edu/?id=314#!m/341441?ce/28177,3040?s/bull%20statue?ct/27641,0

At our first meeting, we’ll go more in depth about just what exactly the canoe and hiking club is and what you can expect from trips. In short though, we’re a student run organization that offers free gear loans (for club trips) and unlimited trips to paid members.

We offer two membership options, $50 for the whole school year, or $35 for one semester. That's RIGHT just $50 will get you on unlimited trips and gear access! This is an especially good deal considering that the university's outdoor program charges $10-$100 for each and every trip. There are three ways you can pay to become a member.
1. Paper money
2. Venmo @UT-Canoe-Hiking
3. A check made out to "Canoe & Hiking Club at UT"

All of our meetings throughout the school year are on Wednesdays, at 7:00pm, in the HSS plaza. While it is highly recommended that you attend meetings to get all that sweet information about upcoming trips, they are not mandatory. There are other ways that you can be informed about  trips.
1. Join the Facebook group. We’ll make a post about every upcoming trip on our Facebook.
If you’re interesting in going on a trip you can then message an officer and we’ll give you more information. https://www.facebook.com/groups/UTCanoeHike/
2. Join our GroupMe. The groupme is a quick and easy way that officers can update members about trip details. A link to join will be posted on the Facebook page. (If you don't have a facebook because its 2018, that's fine, just make sure you have groupme)
3.Follow our Instagram for fun. https://www.instagram.com/canoeandhike_utk/

Again, our first meeting will be on Wednesday, August 29th at 7:00pm Humanities and social sciences building (HSS) plaza, around the bull statue. https://maps.utk.edu/?id=314#!m/341441?ce/28177,3040?s/bull%20statue?ct/27641,0

Lastly, we'd like to apologize for our listserv mishap this summer. Our officers were in the mountains with no knowledge of the tragedy. Thanks for being patient with that. If you got too fed up though you can unsubscribe from this list easily by sending an email.
Email [log in to unmask] with ONLY "SIGNOFF UTCH-L", nothing else. Just those words.

We hope to see everybody soon😜,
Jazmin Gurganus | [log in to unmask] | 931-302-1046