 Hey everybody!

I hope everybody had a great summer (H.A.G.S if you will). We're pumped to
have met everybody and can't wait to see you all again at our first meeting
of the year.

*Our first meeting will be on Wednesday, August 29th at 7:00pm Humanities
and social sciences building (HSS) plaza, around the bull
statue. https://maps.utk.edu/?id=314#!m/341441?ce/28177,3040?s/bull%20statue?ct/27641,0
<https://maps.utk.edu/?id=314#!m/341441?ce/28177,3040?s/bull%20statue?ct/27641,0>*

At our first meeting, we’ll go more in depth about just what exactly the
canoe and hiking club is and what you can expect from trips. In short
though, we’re a student run organization that offers free gear loans (for
club trips) and unlimited trips to paid members.

We offer two membership options, $50 for the whole school year, or $35 for
one semester. That's *RIGHT* just $50 will get you on unlimited trips and
gear access! This is an especially good deal considering that the
university's outdoor program charges $10-$100 for *each and every* trip.
There are three ways you can pay to become a member.
1. Paper money
2. Venmo @UT-Canoe-Hiking
3. A check made out to "Canoe & Hiking Club at UT"

All of our meetings throughout the school year are on Wednesdays, at
7:00pm, in the HSS plaza. While it is highly recommended that you attend
meetings to get all that sweet information about upcoming trips, *they are
not mandatory. *There are other ways that you can be informed about  trips.
1. Join the Facebook group. We’ll make a post about every upcoming trip on
our Facebook.
If you’re interesting in going on a trip you can then message an officer
and we’ll give you more information. https://www.faceb
ook.com/groups/UTCanoeHike/
2. Join our GroupMe. The groupme is a quick and easy way that officers can
update members about trip details. A link to join will be posted on the
Facebook page. (If you don't have a facebook because its 2018, that's fine,
just make sure you have groupme)
3.Follow our Instagram for fun. https://www.instagram.com/canoeandhike_utk/

*Again, our first meeting will be on Wednesday, August 29th at 7:00pm
Humanities and social sciences building (HSS) plaza, around the bull
statue. https://maps.utk.edu/?id=314#!m/341441?ce/28177,3040?s/bull%20statue?ct/27641,0
<https://maps.utk.edu/?id=314#!m/341441?ce/28177,3040?s/bull%20statue?ct/27641,0>*

Lastly, we'd like to apologize for our listserv mishap this summer. Our
officers were in the mountains with no knowledge of the tragedy. Thanks for
being patient with that. If you got too fed up though you can unsubscribe
from this list easily by sending an email.
Email [log in to unmask] with ONLY "SIGNOFF UTCH-L", nothing else.
Just those words.

We hope to see everybody soon😜,

*Jazmin Gurganus | [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]> |
931-302-1046*