Dear Professor Matt,

I am glad to hear the information of post-doc opportunity on  amphibian disease. I write this letter to tell you that I have applied this position online.

It is my great honor to send you these application files (See attachments) for the Post-doctoral Research Associate position about wildlife (Amphibian) Disease. My research field is aquatic animal disease, especially Chinese giant salamander disease in the Yangtze River Fisheries Research Institute, CAFS. I chaired or joined more than 10 projects or grants. I investigated the transmission pathways, host immune responses, mechanisms of pathogenesis and vaccine development for the iridovirus disease. I have professional skills in designing experiments, cells culture, isolation and identification of aquatic pathogens, molecular biology. I have a plenty of fundamental knowledge and professional skills for Post-doctoral Research Associate-wildlife (Amphibian) Disease.I fully understand the duties required for this position, and I think my education experience and professional skills meet the job responsibilities.

As you can see, my research background and professional skills would help me providing support to amphibian disease research at the Center for Wildlife Health. I would greatly appreciate your consideration on my applications.

Sincerely,

Yan Meng

Yangtze River Fisheries Research Institute,
Chinese Academy of Fishery Sciences (CAFS);
No 8, 1st Wudayuan Road, East Lake Hi-Tech Development Zone,
Wuhan, Hubei 430223, P R China.
Tel: +86-27-81780171;