From: "Mark E. Crow" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Friday, August 31, 2018 at 8:51 AM
To: "Camponovo, Michael" <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: David Light <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: RE: Map Gallery Information

Thanks Mike.

I agree that we should allow posters going forward, and probably should have let them in this time, but I can’t change the rules at this point.

The posters are intended to present a broad context of a research effort, and maps are not.  I suspect that many of these students have created interesting map images for their posters that could be made into standalone maps. The broad context is less important.  It just needs to effectively communicate something.  They could simply add a title block and submit it.

If any of them would like to contact me directly, I’d be happy to help them get their maps ready to present.  They could even send me their research poster and I could talk with them about how to get it into an acceptable map format for entry.  They can email me or call my cell directly.

This conference is as much for students as it is for anyone else, so we really appreciate your involvement.

Mark Crow, PLS, GISP

Land Surveyor, GIS Professional

Rebrand_SME_logo_withtagline_CMYK.jpg

S&ME
644 Eastern Star Road

Kingsport, TN 37663 [log in to unmask],-82.5204017,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x57c0a7599fb97215?sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj5m4-gsoPcAhWMzFMKHcHaCNsQ_BIIjQEwCg">map

O: 423.349.2800

D: 423.349.2816
M: 423.930.6097

www.smeinc.com

LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook

This electronic message is subject to the terms of use set forth at www.smeinc.com/email. If you received this message in error please advise the sender by reply and delete this electronic message and any attachments. Please consider the environment before printing this email.