Hello everyone, hope you are all doing great!  I'm on the hunt to see if any of you happen to currently have or in the past had a higher level position (Officer/Director or higher) that operates like a Chief Technology Officer?  This would be someone who would most likely report straight to the Dean with an expertise in marketing and communications.  If so, would you be willing to share your position description?

We are in the beginning stages of creating such a position, below is what we have so far to further detail what direction we are headed:

Possible titles:  Director, Integrated Marketing and Digital Strategies
Or
Chief Technology Officer and Director, Integrated Digital Strategies

Required Education:  Bachelor's degree with emphasis in change management, business processes, communications, marketing and/or information technology systems integration with 5 years' experience in project management, 2 of which must be managerial and strategic.

Preferred Education:  Master's degree with emphasis in business administration, change management, communications and information technology systems with 10 years' experience in project management.

Hallmark Qualifications:

*         Expertise in project management.

*         Demonstrated ability to listen, understand, and develop buy-in from stakeholders.

*         Expertise in marketing and communications leadership.

*         Knowledge of digital media industry trends and web infrastructure and strategies.

*         Demonstrated ability to lead web integration and integrated digital marketing from concept to execution with decisiveness and follow-through in all phases.

*         Ability to utilize strong analytical to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across all aspects of the land grant mission. Audience and user experience focused person. High customer service and public relations standards.

*         Experience managing and leading cross-functional teams. Ability to inspire and motivate all levels of staff.

*         Experience interacting at the executive level.  Strong communications, writing and presentation skills are a must.

*         Ability to think and act strategically and proactively.

*         At least 2 years of experience directly managing people, including recruiting, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.

Responsibilities/Duties:

*         This is an executive-level leadership position with authority and responsibility for the DASNR website which is key to our established land grant mission.

*         Develop web standards which echo brand standards established by DASNR's Ag Communication Services group.

*         Establish OSU DASNR's vision for integrated digital strategies and lead all aspects of development and implementation of the project with a focus on usability and design principles throughout the process.

*         Research and plan strategic direction for future growth of web properties with emphasis on developing and maintaining relationships with OSU I.T. and OSU Marketing and Communications.

*         Develop strong working relationships with director for Ag Communications Services and director for DASNR Technology Support Services.

*         Provide change management leadership as DASNR undertakes migrating to a new CMS and re-organizing digital content. Lead the project which will include serving in a consultative role with department heads, faculty and staff. Establishing relationships broadly is essential as grassroots input will be necessary to keep up with DASNR's digital footprint.

*         Build a multidisciplinary development team, optimizing people, skills, resources, and processes. Provide technical and procedural direction to the development team for the implementation of ideas and concepts as well as interface with internal users including communications staff, technical staff as well as field staff in the Oklahoma Cooperative Extension Service.

Thank you!

LaTricia Snider, PHR, SHRM-CP
Director, DASNR Human Resources
Division of Agricultural Sciences & Natural Resources
Oklahoma State University
P:  405-744-5524
F:  405-744-8863
Email:  [log in to unmask]