Geographers,

Please mark your calendars for our upcoming FOSS4G Knoxville meeting. FOSS4G stands for Free and Open Source Software for Geospatial and highlights work, data, and research being done in the open source geospatial community. The event will be held on Monday August 13, 2018 at the Plant Bio Tech Building here at UTK. Any of you who are using open source data and tools should plan on submitting an abstract to present. In the past we’ve had attendees and presenters from across the southeast and from a variety of government, private, and academic institutions. We don’t have the cost nailed down yet, but it will be cheap.

Michael Camponovo

GIS Outreach Coordinator

Geography Department

209A Burchfiel Geography Building