Hi folks!

Just a reminder that the 2019 Tech Grant application is available.  I’ve received a couple of questions that you all might be interested in:

How much is available?

My project budget for the 2019 Tech Grant is $205,500.00 using all Federal funds.  As usual, the maximum request should be $20,000.00 or less (which means that including the match, you would be spending $40,000.00 or less). The minimum that you can request is $350.00.

Are hotspots eligible?

That seems to be a tricky subject.  I’ve spoken to our IMLS representative, and he needs to talk to some other people about it.  Typically we consider just the purchase of the device and not the service, so that might make a difference in eligibility.  I’ll e-mail out when I have an answer, but until then, it’s a definite “I’m not sure”.  Luckily many of the carriers don’t charge for the equipment, so maybe it will be a non-issue for many of you.

Do I need a 4th year warranty on a desktop?

Our minimum specifications state that you only have to have a 3 year warranty, so purchasing the 4th year is optional but definitely eligible.  4 year warranties are required for laptops, however.

Are STEM items or robotic kits eligible?

STEM or robotics kits are not eligible with the Tech Grant

Reminder: the application deadline is July 2nd

Feel free to contact me if you have a question!

Jennifer

Jennifer Cowan-Henderson

Director of Planning and Development

State E-rate Coordinator for Public Libraries

Tennessee State Library and Archives

Office of Tennessee Secretary of State Tre Hargett

403 7th Avenue North

Nashville, TN 37243

p 615-741-1923

f 615-532-9904

This electronic mail may be subject to the Tennessee Public Records Act, Tenn. Code Ann. §10-7-503 et seq.  Any reply to this email may also be subject to this act.

The mission of the Office of the Secretary of State is to exceed the expectations of our customers, the taxpayers, by operating at the highest levels of accuracy, cost-effectiveness, and accountability in a customer-centered environment.

Secretary of State Social Media Links:

www.facebook.com/TennesseeSecretaryofState

www.facebook.com/TNStateLibraryArchives/timeline