Today we are kicking off National Library Legislative Day in Washington, D.C. and we would like to ask you to help us boost the signal. In this email, you will find everything you need to let your Senators and Representatives know how important libraries are to you and your community.

This year's priority asks:

  • House & Senate: Reauthorize the Museum and Library Services Act
  • House & Senate: Fully Fund LSTA / IAL for FY 2019
  • House & Senate: Support equitable access to broadband

To learn more, check out the funding and broadband briefs for this year, or visit District Dispatch to catch up on the latest news about these issue areas.

Want a little more information?
Tune in to this year's policy briefing. Staff from the ALA Washington Office and other policy experts from Washington, D.C. will provide background information related to our asks, so you can be fully prepared to take action today. The livestream will run from 9 a.m. - 10 a.m. eastern.

Ready to take action?

Head to the
ALA Action Center to find talking points and email templates to use when you call or email your elected officials. Don't forget to personalize your email! Your members of Congress are most interested in the libraries in their state or district - use stories or data from your area to increase the impact of your email.

Additional resources:

Want to do more? Be sure to refer to our
Advocacy Toolkit for social media tips and other advocacy activities. The toolkit includes:

  • Social media graphics
  • Sample tweets and posts
  • Project ideas
  • Letter and email templates
  • Phone call guide
  • Flyers for your library

Thank you for everything you do to advocate for libraries! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at any time! We are here to help.

~Courtney F.
Tennessee Chapter Councilor