Dear Geography majors and minors,

If you plan to take some summer courses and enjoy field work with drones, LiDAR, and GPS, please consider to take GEOG 309: Geospatial Field Methods of UAVs, LiDAR, and GPS (the second term from July 9 to August 10). The course will be team-taught by Nathan McKinney, Michael Camponovo, and me. It provides students hands-on experiences in using UAVs, LiDAR, and GPS to obtain, process, and analyze geospatial data. It includes the field and lab components. The field component teaches how to use the UAV, LiDAR, and GPS equipment to obtain data. The lab component teaches how to process and analyze the collected data. Attached please find a flyer for this course.

This course can also be counted as a core course for the Geospatial Science and Technology concentration for Geography majors (by petition).

Yingkui (Philip)

Yingkui Li, PhD
Associate Professor
Department of Geography