Students and Recent Grads – One of our Alum, Kenric McCay, works in Oak Ridge and is looking for a paid intern this summer and they want to hire ASAP. If you are looking for a great opportunity this is it.

MC

From: Kenric McCay <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Monday, May 21, 2018 at 8:38 AM
To: "Camponovo, Michael" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: City of Oak Ridge Electric GIS Internship (Paid)

Hey there.  I hope everything is going good this summer.

We have an opening for an intern this summer, and I thought you might want to share it.  It was advertised last week while I was on vacation, and I believe we are looking to hire someone very soon (possibly even this week).

I copied the announcement for you.

I am looking for a student or recent graduate to help out here in the electric department for the summer.  This person will help with GIS as well as other tasks.

Thank you!

Kenric

ADMINISTRATIVE INTERN III (ELECTRIC DEPARTMENT)
SALARY GRADE: $12.06 per hour (40 hour work week; June 4, 2018 – August 24, 2018/dates negotiable)

Essential Job Functions:
• Provides general administrative/clerical duties such as filing or sorting, typing routine letters, labels, reports and similar items.
• Produce necessary drawings and reports for the electric system, land use, and proposed improvements.
• Interprets, integrates, implements and transfers data, surveys, subdivision plats and development plans between programs.
• Gathers, corrects, manipulates, and exports GPS data to include the electric infrastructure.
• Ensures that the electric system GIS and mapping systems, fiber optic mapping system, and other asset management systems are systematically updated to contain the latest data and information.
• Creates, updates, and maintains databases and develops links to associated data for availability in the GIS environment.
• Transfer data between a GPS Receiver and the City’s computer system.
• Other duties as assigned.

Required Knowledge and Skills:
• Knowledge of computers and related equipment.
• Functional knowledge of Survey 123
• Skill in planning, organizing and coordinating GIS/GPS operations.
• Knowledge of database design, computer systems design and programming including skill in web development languages including HTML, ASP, VBScript, JavaScript, SQL, Visual Basic and related programming languages. Knowledge of MS Office Software.
• Skill in use of computer applications such as GIS systems, Computer Automated Design (CAD), distribution impedance models, databases and bridges between these systems.
• Knowledge of symbols and terminology used in engineering improvement plans, survey field notes, and manual drawings.
• Skill in applying equipment and resources to prepare and present reports and information.
• Skill in computer software related to the area of assignment.
• Skill in effective oral and written communications.
• Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with associate personnel, other City employees and the general public.

Education, Experience, and Certifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree or 3rd year of program in a field related to assignment.
• Must possess State of Tennessee driver’s license.

All parties interested in this position should have an application and/or resume on file with the Personnel Department no later than 12:00 noon, Wednesday, May 30, 2018.

http://www.oakridgetn.gov/department/Personnel/Employment/Job-Openings

Electronic communications with officials and employees of the City are subject to Tennessee's Public Records Act.