Do you have a heart for library development and get excited about helping libraries and library staff members grow in their service to their communities? Are you a problem solver? Do you enjoy working with a team that is dedicated to improving library service in Tennessee? Are you ready to get out of the library office and travel to libraries all around you and across the state?

Then please consider applying for our upcoming vacancy as an Assistant Library Director at the Obion River Regional Library, headquartered in Martin, Tennessee.  The Obion River Region has something for everyone. We have three Tennessee State Parks within our borders for the birdwatchers, kayakers, and fishermen among us.  From Newbern, you can hop on board The City of New Orleans for a quick weekend train trip south to The Big Easy or north to Chicago. Union City is home to the world famous Discovery Park of America, and Paris hosts the World’s Biggest Fish Fry each year in April. Martin is home to the University of Tennessee at Martin and is in close proximity to Jackson, TN and Paducah, KY.

Excited at the possibilities?  Please see the attached job announcement for details of the work, requirements of the position, the rewards, and how to apply. Come join us in the Tennessee Regional Library System!

Posted by:

Lynette S. Sloan, Director of Regional Libraries

Tennessee State Library & Archives

Office of Tennessee Secretary of State Tre Hargett

403 Seventh Avenue, North

Nashville, TN 37243-0312

PH: 615.532.4629

FAX: 615.532.9904

This electronic mail may be subject to the Tennessee Public Records Act, Tenn. Code Ann. §10-7-503 et seq.  Any reply to this email may also be subject to this act.

The mission of the Office of the Secretary of State is to exceed the expectations of our customers, the taxpayers, by operating at the highest levels of accuracy, cost-effectiveness, and accountability in a customer-centered environment.

Secretary of State Social Media Links:

www.facebook.com/TennesseeSecretaryofState

www.facebook.com/TNStateLibraryArchives/timeline