Happy Friday!

Wave 1 for Funding Year 2018 (Fiscal Year 2018/2019) has been released today.  The following libraries are included in this wave:

Blount County Public Library

Macon County Public Library

Lawrence County Public Library

Perry County Public Library

Dickson County Public Library

Rocky Top Public Library

Westmoreland Public Library

Marshall County Memorial Library

Humboldt Public Library

I’m on the list!  Now what do I do?

Congratulations!  First you’ll need to log into your portal and view your notification.  To do that, you’ll search for FCDL for 2018 under Notifications at the top of your landing page.  You’ll see the link that says View notification, and then you can view your Funding Commitment Decision Letter.  You’ll now have two options to view your data, a PDF or a spreadsheet:

Previously, the PDF did not provide any funding information, but now it does!  Yay!

Now you can file your Form 486, which is in the portal.  All the information you need is in your FCDL, and is the easiest form to file.  Since you’re funded now, your deadline to file Form 486 is October 29, 2018.

I’m not on the list… What did I do wrong?

You’ve done nothing wrong!  Approving the forms takes time, and there is no problem in not being in the first wave, or the second, or the third…

What I would do, however, is check to insure that you have not been contacted by PIA, or if you have, that you have answered.  You can do that through the Portal.

Other things

There is a short webinar up on the new format of the Funding Commitment Decision Letters on the front page of the SLD website: https://www.usac.org/sl/, or you can use the direct link: https://www.usac.org/sl/about/outreach/videos/Funding-Commitment-Decision-Letters.aspx

There is a webinar scheduled for May 23rd at 2pm Central on Filing Form 486.  To register, please go to : https://goto.webcasts.com/starthere.jsp?ei=1190671&tp_key=2f47022845

If you have any questions, please let me know,

Jennifer

Jennifer Cowan-Henderson

Director of Planning and Development

State E-rate Coordinator for Public Libraries

Tennessee State Library and Archives

Office of Tennessee Secretary of State Tre Hargett

403 7th Avenue North

Nashville, TN 37243

p 615-741-1923

f 615-532-9904

This electronic mail may be subject to the Tennessee Public Records Act, Tenn. Code Ann. §10-7-503 et seq.  Any reply to this email may also be subject to this act.

The mission of the Office of the Secretary of State is to exceed the expectations of our customers, the taxpayers, by operating at the highest levels of accuracy, cost-effectiveness, and accountability in a customer-centered environment.

Secretary of State Social Media Links:

www.facebook.com/TennesseeSecretaryofState

www.facebook.com/TNStateLibraryArchives/timeline