FYI -

From: Trevor Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2018 3:50 PM
To: UTK Geography Dept; Civil and Environmental Engineering Administration; Foy, Sharon A; Inman, Heather C; Grindall, Karin Coulter; Buckley, David S; Clatterbuck, Wayne K
Subject: Scholarship opportunity - National Association of Abandoned Mine Land Programs

Good afternoon, all –

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to speak with me last Thursday.  Below is the scholarship announcement sent out from the National Association of Abandoned Mine Land Programs, and attached is the flyer.  If you all would please forward this on to your students when you get a chance, we would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks again for your help,

Trevor

cid:<a href=[log in to unmask]">

Trevor Martin | AML Program Manager

Division of Water Resources

Land Reclamation Section

3711 Middlebrook Pike, Knoxville, TN 37921

p. 865-594-5603 c. 865-207-8995

tn.gov/environment

We value your feedback! Please complete our customer satisfaction survey.

Dear Faculty or Staff,

The National Association of Abandoned Mine Land Programs (NAAMLP) is non-profit, professional organization that promotes the reclamation and restoration of lands affected by past mining throughout the nation.  Our website is http://naamlp.net/ where you can find more about our organization.

The NAAMLP offers 4 scholarships of $2500 each.  Three scholarships are available to undergraduates students and one is available to a graduate student.  The details and eligibility are further described in the attached scholarship application.

Please distribute the application to individuals or departments that may have an interest in these scholarship opportunities.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me via email or by telephone at the number listed below.

Mike Garner

Chairman, NAAMLP Scholarship Committee

(301)689-1460